SOPA and PIPA are very scary pieces of legislation. They would stifle the free flow of information on the internet. This is an issue I take very seriously as a site that promotes the free and open dissemination of music across the web. I write music, I upload it and share it for free on my soundcloud.
Many artists today are doing just the same. We realize that the future of music is freedom. Freedom to create, produce, upload and share music from your laptop. Freedom of discovery, of discussion and yes freedom to file share with our friends.
But if SOPA or PIPA pass my site could very well be shut down, along with my friends over at SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo and any number of sites that may have a single link that the entertainment industry doesn’t like. Please, do your part in letting congress know that we do not support SOPA or PIPA and that we will not tolerate an America that blocks free speech on the internet.
And last but not least, free music!
- NO to SOPA/PIPA – NO to Internet Censorship (with censored display) (illuminared.wordpress.com)
- What’s This “SOPA” All About? (stateofsearch.com)
- SOPA and PIPA Blackouts (biodork.wordpress.com)
- Protect the internet and freedom of speech! Oppose SOPA and PIPA acts (stillisstillmoving.com)
- Google Protests SOPA And PIPA By Censoring Logo, Offering Information And A Petition (inquisitr.com)